Find my items on ETSY

Monday, September 21, 2009

Pampered by the Hubba


What a busy but fun weekend, there is so much to blog about:O) I was feeling a little sick Friday afternoon at work with sniffles and a sore throat. To my dismay I had previously scheduled a dinner party/ BBQ for my grandparents and parents. There was no getting out of it, I PROMISED them. I had to grin and bare it and be the charming hostess. The get together was nice. My grandmother brought the hourderves, a yummy avocado spinach dip and shrimp cocktail. I made mac and cheese and Sangria while the hubby grilled honey mustard bbq chicken and burgers. Then after the family left we watched a UFC sporting event before bed.

I awoke on Saturday to my hubby in the best of moods. Still feeling a little sick we cancelled our plans to ride the roller coasters at Universal Studios (we have season passes). Oh the joys of living near Orlando, there is always next next weekend when Carlos is off again. He works as a corrections officer and gets every other weekend off. He decided to take me shopping instead. Oooo lala my favorite pastime! He bought me 2 new shirts that I need desperately for work, a new hot pink cell phone shell, and some craft supplies. Then I ended the shopping spree by purchasing my Halloween costume for the year...drum roll please...a sexy pirate with an adorable feathered hat. I can't wait for this years festivities. Then we stopped by blockbuster video and rented several discs of the HBO series Rome. I love blockbuster nights. I curled up on the couch and crafted away. I made several crochet headbands for my etsy store http://www.hairsewvintage.etsy.com/ and a few new hair combs...so go check it out.

Sunday was another photoshoot day. I think my husband's photography skills are getting much better. I thought my hair came out pretty also. When the sun went down I listed some of my new items, then it was time to study. I am currently enrolled in an online dental assisting program. I have always wanted to have a career in the medical field. I am working now as a shipping manager/ accountant for a travel agency. Both my mother and grandmother are nurses but I do NOT have the stomach for that. I would much rather deal with people's teeth than there other body parts. I need to take another test tonight. All A's so far...wish me luck. For now back to work tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment