Find my items on ETSY

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Learning to sew


I just wanted to share some exciting news... Yesterday I made a special trip to our local Barnes and Noble bookstore. I love the smell of bookstores. Not to mention our Barnes and Noble has a quaint little Starbucks inside of it. I asked a lady behind the help desk to assist me in finding a few books on learning how to sew. I learned how to crochet from my mother, but I have only ever been able to sew basic stitches. Mending torn clothes here and there, nothing fancy. I have always dreamed of sewing or embellishing my own clothes and hair accessories. I found 2 books packed full of stitches, appliques, sewn flowers, and even ripped up and redesigned T-shirts. I started reading one of the books last night. I just can't wait to get started!! My next purchase will be a pin-able mannequin (dress Form). On another note I hope to have my white Rabbit finished & listed on ebay tonight. You can find my ebay profile under seller ID bears_n_hares. That will clear my schedule for the weekend so I may finish designing my thread crochet monkey pattern & maybe hit up a few thrift stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment