Find my items on ETSY

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Busy Busy Busy




Its been a few weeks since my last blog so I have a bit of catching up to do! Carlos and I decided to turn or guest bedroom into a studio for my hair accessory business. The room will also double as a movie theater space. I already picked out the paint color and curtains. The paint is a dark pink color with a purpulish tint to it. The curtains are a deep plum. I know it sounds risky but I got the color scheme idea from the IKEA web site. The furniture will all be dark chocolate brown almost black. I love modern furniture thats made to look aged. We also purchased a really amazing crystal chandelier from Lowes for the center of the room. I imagine the space to be really serene and peaceful. I hope to be very inspired in my new room.

I have also been very busy with my shop. I had a 2 hour photoshoot last weekend. I am still editing the pictures from that marathon...whew I have a lot of product. My goal was to have 100 things in the store for the holidays. I have 63 things at the moment. I did sell one 0f my newest combs Thursday night. I just shipped it off to Australia and my last was to New Zealand...I am worldwide people:O) How exciting! I also added some great crochet headbands.

Today is a road trip with the family. We are off to Leesburg to go shopping. They have a geat little store called Dockside Imports. They sell all kinds of home decor. I am looking for a cute vase to hold my flowers, that will match the studio. My mom is heading that way for a lady who makes bookcases out of old antique and vintage finds. She makes the doors out of old windows ect.

Sunday I have to finish painting the bottom trim of my studio, clean house, do laundry, and then maybe..just maybe I will have some time to list a few things or create a few things. Enjoy your weekend everyone. Tata for now Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment